Why I Belong to IMDHA
IMDHA – International Medical and Dental Hypnotherapy Association – Well, it is a good source of ongoing training and networking, sure but it also has such lovely objectives.. just read.. both therapist and client benefit from these lovely words, don’t you think?:
This program is designed to reduce the stress the individual is experiencing as a hospital patient and/or surgical patient, etc. Less stress allows the body to focus attention on its natural course of healing. The method to be used is hypnosis.
The objectives are clear: To help create a sense of peace and harmony within the individual so that the current challenge can be met and dealt with in a positive manner, thus making the journey toward wellness and peace of mind less traumatic.
The objectives include the following:
- Aid the physician by preparing the patient, thereby enhancing the healing process.
- Aid the physician in bringing the patient to a state of wellness.
- Reinforce the physician’s “orders” and give suggestions for continued speedy recovery.
- Aid the hospital or health care facility in the performance of their function to:
- Meet the requirements of D.R.G.
- Reduce the amount of drugs the patient would normally require, especially in the control of pain.
- Reduce the fear and anxiety associated with surgical procedures and catastrophic illness.
- Assist the family in reducing their anxiety.
- Teach the family members appropriate suggestions to reinforce the physician’s and hospital staff’s efforts on behalf of the patient.
- Teach the patient how to use self-hypnosis after the hospital stay to control pain and aid in his/her healing process.
- Help prepare the family for what they will feel as they wait for results of surgery, tests, etc.; as they see their beloved in ICU; and to dispel any negative feelings in order to create peace and harmony within themselves.
Expansion (Of Course Not all Issues are Medical Issues)
In addition to medical challenges all IMDHA members assist persons in dealing effectively with non-medical problems. Finding solutions to self-sabotaging habits leads to peace of mind and control of negative behavior. Self Empowerment is the goal.
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.